Oak Reception Class 2018-19
Mrs Morrison teaches Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, Mrs Misik teaches Thursday and Friday. Supporting teaching assistants are Mrs Barrett, Mrs Isobel and Mrs Leech.
Oak class is part of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
The EYFS is divided into 7 areas of learning (see below for more details).
- New Reception Parents Evening Invite May 19.pdf
- Animal experience visit Letter 13.5.19.pdf
- Reception Class Topic Web Summer term 2019.pdf
- Reception Key vocab Spring 1 - 10.01.2019.pdf
- Reception Spring 2019 Topic Web.pdf
- Oak Class Newsletter Spring Term 2019.pdf
- Reception Key vocab 31.10.18.pdf
- Phonics Workshop Letter.pdf
- Reception Topic Web Autumn 2018.pdf
- Reception Newsletter Autumn 2018.pdf
Areas of Learning
In Reception the children's creativity is extended through activities which support their developing curiosity.
|Expressive Arts and Design||The children play, explore and share thoughts, ideas and feelings through art, music, movement, dance, imaginative and role-play activities.|
The children can be active and interactive to improve their skills of coordination, control, manipulation and movement. They use all their senses to learn about the world around them.
|Communication and Language||
Together we learn to listen to one another, to use talk for communication and to build on our existing vocabulary.
Through CLLD activities the children to develop their communication and early literacy skills.
PSRN activities encourage the children's natural curiosity and help them to explore, enjoy, learn, practise and talk about Numeracy.
|Understanding the World||The children make sense of the world by through the safe use of tools, creature encounters, exploration of the natural environment and real-life situations.|
|Personal, Social and Emotional Development||This area underpins the whole curriculum. The children are encouraged to develop a positive sense of themselves and others, respect, social skills and a desire to learn.|