Oak Reception Class
Oak class is part of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
The EYFS is divided into 7 areas of learning (see below for more details).
- Reception visit to South Angle Farm letter 11.2.20.pdf
- Reception Spring topic web for parents 2020 7.1.20.pdf
- Reception Key vocab Spring 1 2020 7.1.20.pdf
- KS1 Christmas play photo permission 27.11.19.pdf
- First Days at School - Cambridge Independent (2).pdf
- Under the Sea Key Vocabulary (1) 20.9.19.pdf
- Phonics workshop 2019 letter to parents 12.9.19.pdf
- Reception Key vocab Autumn 1.pdf
- Vocabulary letter.pdf
- Autumn 2019 Newsletter for Year R.pdf
- Topic Web Autumn Term - Reception.pdf
Areas of Learning
In Reception the children's creativity is extended through activities which support their developing curiosity.
|Expressive Arts and Design||The children play, explore and share thoughts, ideas and feelings through art, music, movement, dance, imaginative and role-play activities.|
The children can be active and interactive to improve their skills of coordination, control, manipulation and movement. They use all their senses to learn about the world around them.
|Communication and Language||
Together we learn to listen to one another, to use talk for communication and to build on our existing vocabulary.
Through CLLD activities the children to develop their communication and early literacy skills.
PSRN activities encourage the children's natural curiosity and help them to explore, enjoy, learn, practise and talk about Numeracy.
|Understanding the World||The children make sense of the world by through the safe use of tools, creature encounters, exploration of the natural environment and real-life situations.|
|Personal, Social and Emotional Development||This area underpins the whole curriculum. The children are encouraged to develop a positive sense of themselves and others, respect, social skills and a desire to learn.|