Ash Class (Reception and Year 1) 2020-2021
Ash class is part of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and Key Stage 1.
Children in Reception follow the EYFS curriculum, which is divided into 7 areas of learning (see below for more details).
Children in Year 1 follow the National Curriculum for Year 1.
Areas of Learning
In Reception the children's creativity is extended through activities which support their developing curiosity.
|Expressive Arts and Design||The children play, explore and share thoughts, ideas and feelings through art, music, movement, dance, imaginative and role-play activities.|
The children can be active and interactive to improve their skills of coordination, control, manipulation and movement. They use all their senses to learn about the world around them.
|Communication and Language||
Together we learn to listen to one another, to use talk for communication and to build on our existing vocabulary.
Through CLLD activities the children to develop their communication and early literacy skills.
PSRN activities encourage the children's natural curiosity and help them to explore, enjoy, learn, practise and talk about Numeracy.
|Understanding the World||The children make sense of the world by through the safe use of tools, creature encounters, exploration of the natural environment and real-life situations.|
|Personal, Social and Emotional Development||This area underpins the whole curriculum. The children are encouraged to develop a positive sense of themselves and others, respect, social skills and a desire to learn.|
- Times Tables Rock Stars Letter to parents.docx
- Trouble Shooting Guide 08.03.21.pdf
- Digivis Vision Screening letter 15.2.21.pdf
- KS1 and Reception nativity play 23.11.20.pdf
- Bonfire letter 23.10.20.pdf
- Wellies 25.9.20.pdf
- Ash and Oak letter 22.09.2020.pdf
- Years 1 and 2 Topic Web 1 Autumn Term 2020.pdf
- September 2020 Year 1 2 start of term.pdf
- Topic web reception 2020.pdf
- Ash class newsletter Autumn 2020.pdf