Valuable Additional Funding for your child
16th July 2015
PUPIL PREMIUM (PP)
What is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools to help raise the attainment of pupils. It is paid to schools according to the number of pupils who have been: Registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years and been in care for 6 months or longer.
How is Pupil Premium used?
The funding can be used for a range of interventions including: help with cost of school trips, teaching assistant staff, after school programmes, equipment. To find out more about how this funding is used at your child's school, please contact the school or visit the school website.
Who is eligible for Free School Meals and Pupil Premium?
All children who are at school; and were under 19 at the start of the academic year; and are claiming or have parents who are claiming:
- Income support; or
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance; or
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (this benefit was introduced from 27 October 2008); or
- Child Tax Credit, but who are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and whose annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) does not exceed £16,190; or
- Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999; or
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit