Acorns Nursery Class
Acorns class is part of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- Nursery letter Parents Evening 2019.pdf
- Animal experience visit Letter 13.5.19.pdf
- Key Vocab - Going on Safari.pdf
- Cooking letter to parents summer term - ingredient lists.pdf
- Nursery Summer Term Newsletter 2019.pdf
- Nursery Topic Web Summer Term 2019.pdf
- Acorns end of term Spring newsletter 2019 3.4.19.pdf
- Acorn Class Spring Term 2019 Topic Web.pdf
- Acorn Class Newsletter Spring Term 2019.pdf
Areas of Learning
The EYFS is divided into the 3 Prime areas and 4 specific areas of learning shown below.
In Nursery the children's creativity is extended through activities which support their developing curiosity.
|Expressive Arts and Design||The children play, explore and share thoughts, ideas and feelings through art, music, movement, dance, imaginative and role-play activities.|
The children can be active and interactive to improve their skills of coordination, control, manipulation and movement. They use all their senses to learn about the world around them.
|Communication and Language||
Together we learn to listen to one another, to use talk for communication and to build on our existing vocabulary.
Through CLLD activities the children to develop their communication and early literacy skills.
PSRN activities encourage the children's natural curiosity and help them to explore, enjoy, learn, practise and talk about Numeracy.
|Understanding the World||The children make sense of the world by through the safe use of tools, creature encounters, exploration of the natural environment and real-life situations.|
|Personal, Social and Emotional Development||This area underpins the whole curriculum. The children are encouraged to develop a positive sense of themselves and others, respect, social skills and a desire to learn.|