Re information available under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
One of the aims of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) is that public authorities, including all maintained schools, should be clear and proactive about the information they will make public.
To do this we must produce a publication scheme, setting out:
- The classes of information which we publish or intend to publish;
- The manner in which the information will be published; and
- Whether the information is available free of charge or on payment.
The scheme covers information already published and information which is to be published in the future. All information in our publication scheme is either available for you on our website to download and print off or available in paper form.
Some information which we hold may not be made public, for example personal information.
Bottisham Primary School conforms to the model scheme for schools approved by the Information Commissioner.
Aims and Objectives
At Bottisham Primary School we are contributing to the development of all children and adults on their journey through life and learning. We aim to help everyone to become happy and confident independent learners with enquiring and open minds.
We also aim for our children to become caring, respectful, socially adept members of society who are able to express themselves and are able to take responsibility for managing the choices and challenges that life presents.
In order to achieve this we will
- Provide a stimulating, inclusive, balanced curriculum which is challenging and varied
- Deliver high quality teaching
- Value and celebrate all contributions and achievements
- Ensure success for all children (irrespective of gender, ethnicity, culture, religion, language, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability and social circumstances)
- Demonstrate and expect high standards of behaviour throughout the school
- Build active, strong partnerships with parents and the community
- Provide a safe well resourced and stimulating environment
- Promote healthy lifestyles, good relationships and respect and care for others.
The governing body is responsible for maintenance of this scheme.
The policy in full is available below: